Quantum is hiring an editorial assistant
We are happy to report that Quantum continues to be successful and receives an increasing number of high quality submissions. With the growth, also administrative and editorial tasks take an ever larger proportion of time. To ensure a swift publishing process we want to ensure that every week there will be editorial assistance available to our scientific editors.
The position that Quantum is opening will be a local one, dealing also with the management of the NGO on a legal level, but mainly focus on editorial tasks. For this reason we are looking to hire an editorial assistant.
The initial position is advertised for six months, after which we will review the financial situation of Quantum and performance of the applicant and very likely be able to extend the position. We are looking for someone willing to stay with us on a part-time basis for a longer time scale.
Duration: six months plus possible upgrade to indefinite contract thereafter, ideally starting on the 1st of March 2020, but starting date is negotiable.
Salary: up to 460€ per month.
Regime: part-time, ca. 7 hours per week, depending on prior qualifications.
Location: Vienna, Austria, with the possibility of working remotely for some of the time.
The position is for assisting the Executive Board of Quantum in the following tasks:
- Supervision of journal submissions (workflow, timely responses, editorial queries, etc.). [see also our editorial workflow]
- Publishing of articles via the (largely automated) online system,
- Legal communication and organisation of NGO online meetings.
- Mandatory: fluency in English. This is required for communicating with the international board members as well as authors and referees.
- Highly appreciated: experience in scientific publishing and/or communication in science.
- Appreciated: knowledge of WordPress.
To avoid conflict of interests in handling confidential data, active researchers in quantum science and related fields, as well as candidates with close personal ties to Executive Board members, will not be considered.
The “Verein zur Förderung des Open Access Publizierens in den Quantenwissenschaften” (legal entity behind Quantum) is an equal opportunity employer with a strong code of conduct.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted through the online application form below and should include a CV and letter of motivation.
The 15th of February 2020, Anywhere on Earth. (Applications will be considered until the position is filled)