Quantum is hiring a management assistant
We are happy to report that Quantum continues to be successful and receives an increasing number of high quality submissions. With the growth, also administrative and managerial tasks take an ever larger proportion of our own voluntary time. Since we are all full time scientists, we would like to reduce that workload and thanks to our sponsors and many authors who chose to pay the publication fee we are now able to do so.
The first position that Quantum is opening will be a local one, dealing also with the management of the NGO on a legal and financial level. For this reason we are looking to hire a management assistant.
The initial position is advertised for six months, after which we will review the financial situation of Quantum and very likely be able to extend the position. We are looking for someone willing to stay with us on a part-time basis for a longer time scale.
Duration: six months, starting on the 1st of December. Starting date is negotiable.
Salary: up to 425.70€ per month.
Regime: part-time, between 5 and 8 hours per week, depending on prior qualifications.
Location: Vienna, Austria, with the possibility of working remotely for some of the time.
The position is for assisting the Executive Board of Quantum in the following tasks:
- Bookkeeping and financial reporting,
- Issuing and posting of receipts and invoices,
- Legal communication and organisation of NGO online meetings,
- Publishing of articles via the (largely automated) online system,
- Contacting of sponsors and coordinating outreach,
- Supervision of journal submissions (workflow, timely responses, editorial queries, etc.).
- Mandatory: fluency in both English and German. This is required for communicating with the international board members as well as Austrian authorities.
- Highly recommended: experience in financial management and bookkeeping.
- Highly recommended: experience in secretarial work.
- Appreciated: experience in scientific publishing and/or communication in science.
- Appreciated: knowledge of WordPress.
To avoid conflict of interests in handling confidential data, active researchers in quantum science and related fields, as well as candidates with close personal ties to Executive Board members, will not be considered.
The “Verein zur Förderung des Open Access Publizierens in den Quantenwissenschaften” (legal entity behind Quantum) is an equal opportunity employer with a strong code of conduct.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted through the online application form below and should include a CV and letter of motivation.
The 30th of October 2017, Anywhere on Earth.